Turning your furry lovechild into an artwork is a super fun and quick process (if they're not zooming around or sniffing booty's). Following this guide closely will ensure you help us, help you produce an artwork that gets your house guests saying - WOW!
STEP 1 - Take a Pic! Then Upload It!
- Take a pic (as you would) of your cute little fur baby, but make sure they're upright and against the light for the best outcomes. Use a Schmacko if you have to.
- Upload your gallery-esque pet photo using the upload button on the product page.
- If you're unsure - shoot us an email at: firstname.lastname@example.org and we'll let you know if it's good or not.
STEP 2 - Customise It How You Would Want Everyone Else To See It
- Enter your doggo’s/catto’s/horeso’s name and their breed (both optional). NOTE: If you do not enter either we will increase the size of the portrait to fit the background appropriately.
- Choose the size and background colour you would like! We've chosen colours to pick from that will go with about 95% of household walls.
STEP 3 - Place Your Order
- When we receive your order, our artists will create your personalised modern pet art with the same love, care and attention you give to your cute lil fur ball.
- We'll go through an in-house quality check to ensure your modern pet artwork is perfect and up to our high standards.
- We'll print your modern masterpiece onto your chosen background.
- Once we have done one last quality check, we'll carefully package your order and ship it to your doorstep.
- A tracking number will be sent to you as soon as it's available.
Here are some examples to show you what a naughty doggo is vs a good doggo (FYI, we can only make art from the latter).
Meet Coco.. our gorgeous, yet extremely hyper and sometimes suspicious Lagotto. Coco was the inspiration to creating Coco & Co. so we'll explain usable photos from unusable photos with snaps we've taken of her.
Beautiful face, poor lighting ❌
Beautiful (distracted) angled face ❌
Where's the other ear? :( ❌
Lying down - sleepy puppy ❌
Can't draw you like a french girl sorry Coco ❌
We want the head at the top of the portrait, not at the bottom! ❌
Great lighting, and very cute (look at the leg stick out) but difficult to work with ❌
Everything is great - lighting photo quality etc. ✅
But she's looking away ❌
Facing forward ✅
Well-lit with natural lighting or in a bright room ✅
Face is visible ✅
Chest is clearly visible ✅
Used a schmacko (hence the tongue out) ✅
So you see friends, making them into art, I'm sure like the olden days when kings and queens were painted can be a long process but a generationally worthwhile one. Just follow these guidelines and you'll be well on your way to being the ultimate pet lover (or gift giver). Happy snapping! We'll be right here waiting for you.
P.S. If you're still unsure whether your images will work, shoot us an email at email@example.com and we'll advise you on whether it's usable or not. For memorialised artworks, we understand the process might not be as straight forward like the guidelines above. In this circumstance we'll work hard together to create a piece that truly honours the memory of your furry companion.